Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Why no bookstore cat?



A lot of people ask me, "Why no cat in the bookstore?" I'm a cat-lover so it does seem odd, in fact I have three indoor cats and one feral that I've been taking care of for years. Well the answer is, all of my cats are somewhat unpredictable. Athena, my tabby is sweet, but would be out the front door following home the first person to pet her. Coltrane our beloved black and white is a bit skittish. We've had him for 5 years and only one of my friends has ever seen him and our little Manx Minerva, is well, special. She's tiny, cute and well deadly would be the best way to describe her. You never see her coming, she usually strikes your heel first and then bites the top of your foot. I just can't see my customers enjoying that. Well, if I ever do adopt a normal cat maybe I will bring them into the bookstore.